2015 ICGFM Winter Training Conference
Transforming Development Finance: PFM’s Role in Meeting Sustainable Development Goals
EUC President, Carmela S. Perez, emphasizes a point during the ICGFM Winter Training Conference held in International Monetary Fund Headquarters 2 in Washington DC last December 7-9, 2015. EUC is an institutional member of the ICGFM. For information and reference, visit www.icgfm.org and click ‘Presentations’.
Initially, EUC started in 2006 as an association of users and enthusiasts of the e-NGAS.
On October 15, 2009, the EUC was registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission as a non-stock and non-profit association to include in the scope of its membership those who are using not only e-NGAS and e-Budget systems but also other financial management information systems.
To date, EUC has evolved to an association of public financial management professionals who utilized information and communications technology as a tool for productivity, transparency and accountability.
EUC’s primary purposes are to:
- promote and maintain high standards in profession relating to government financial management;
- enable the accounting information technology and other related professions to discharge responsibilities pertaining to government financial management more effectively;
- elevate the standards of government financial management education and profession through the use of modern tools such as Information and Communication Technology;
- promote relevant programs and projects of the government as a whole and those of the professions related to government financial management;
- develop among its members high ideals of competence, ethical conduct, integrity and civil consciousness;
- guard against the practice of the related professions by unauthorized persons or entities; and,
- foster cordial, harmonious and fruitful relations among its members.